Expand my Community achievements bar.

Submitting forms as PDF - filename attachment

Former Community Member

Hi there, I created a form with a submit button that sends the pdf fine. This is a rather minor cosmetic thing, but the trouble is when the file attachment appears, the filename includes all the “%20″ in place of the spaces. So when I send the pdf file, the filename on the attachment appears as “SOP0xx%20Change%20Note%20Procedure.” How can I make the attachment's filename appear normal without all the "%20s"?

Using LiveCycle Designer 8.2.1 in conjunction with Acrobat 9.3.2 Pro.

Thanks!

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

I haven't seen that behaviour. I suspect that this has something to do with the email client rather than LC Designer/Acrobat/Reader.

Filenames come through OK using Outlook. What email client are you using?

Niall

Former Community Member

No, I am using Outlook 2007.  Not sure what the trouble is.

Level 10

Hi,

Here is a form with three email buttons. The first two will return the form in PDF format. The third will return the data as an XML file. In all three cases the email attachment name is not affected (eg spaces in names, without replacement with %20). Give this a try and see what happens: https://acrobat.com/#d=2W4mi8OiEHBYfsXEWJcMcA.

Microsoft Entourage.png

If it still inserts the %20 then I think it is an operating system / email client issue.

I have tested in a Windows environment using MS Outlook 2007 and a Mac environment using MS Entourage 2008.

Good luck,

Niall