Expand my Community achievements bar.

Submitting Data From Form

Level 3

Getting ready to distribute a form that will collect a lot of information concerning a bid request. These will be filled out by salespeople across the country via email submission. I've added a lot of functionality that will direct that email to the correct location and individuals based on on the content of the form. (Thanks to a lot of help on this forum).

In addition to putting a pdf of that form in the correct hands, we also need to get the xml uploaded to a location where we can use that info to populate our order entry system with some of the data from the form.

My question is....What functionality exist or could be written that when submitting form via email at the same time would be uploading the xml data to a remote directory somewhere or FTP site? We do not want this to run as a routine on a computer that might be set up to receive the email. Also, the name of the xml will have to be unique as there will be many of these to be automaticall processed on a daily basis.

Niall or anyone...if you could point me in the right direction here that would be great!

Thanks -pc

0 Replies