Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Submitting a form using LC 8.2 and Outlook 2010 32bit

Former Community Member

Hello,

I have been searching the posts and have seen issues with attaching pdf's to email using Outlook 2010 64bit, but I am having the same issue with Outlook 2010 32bit. Is there a known issue with attaching the pdf via a submit button using the following code?:

RealEmail.event__click.submit.target = "mailto:" + "someone@somewhere.com" + "?subject=For Order #:" + OrdNmbr.rawValue ;

RealEmail.execEvent("click");

Our company recently upgraded to Win 7 pro v6.1 build 7601: sp1 and Office 2010 and ever since, the 20+ forms that I have created, stopped working. When I try to submit any of the forms, it gives me a small "clocking" icon for a second and then nothing happens.

I have tried to use Reader X thinking that it might help, but to no avail. I hope someone out there has a fix, otherwise I have wasted countless hours creating these forms just for them to break with a new system.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

5 Replies

Former Community Member

I use Outlook 2010 and do not have issues emailing from inside a PDF. Typically there are two issues that pop up in these situations.

1. Did you Reader Extend the form before distributing it. Reader will not be able to mail the form unless it is Reader enabled. Acrobat does not have that restriction.

2. Virus Scan software can restrict or stop programs from using mail programs (like Outlook) programmatically. Are you running a virus scan program on these machines? Usually there is a panel where you can tell the Virus scan software that Acroabt and Reader are allowed to interact with Outlook 2010.

Hope that helps

Paul

Former Community Member

Hello, thanks for the reply. I do have the form reader extended, and we do have McAfee running, but it has been running on our PCs for a few years. I saw in another post to try doing a run command using mailto:test@domain.com to see if it will open a new email and it did, so I am still at a loss here. Any other suggestions?

Former Community Member

But you just changed mail programs and my bet is that the new Outlook 2010 has not been added to the list of programs that is allowed to send email. On my McCaffee settings you can turn on a report and see if there is anything reported by McCaffee when you do this:

imnage1.png

Former Community Member

So, it was strange, after my last post, they just started working again, so I don't know if there was a McAfee situation or not. I will have to keep an eye on it, but my McAfee was set to block (and still is) on the setting you showed. I'll have to try modifying that setting if I run into another issue with the forms. Thanks again for your help pguerett!

Former Community Member

I am still getting this issue on a hit and miss scenario... Does anyone know how the forms talk to an exchange server to deliver forms?