Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Submitting a Form Created in LCD

Level 1

AcrobatPro 9 Extended

Livecyle Designer ES 8.2

Okay.. this is gonna be long, but i want to put as much info for the  pros in this.

I want to submit a form to my computer thats 2 offices away from me..  See.. this form is gonna filed 10 times a day by maybe 3 different ppl. And right now they are writng it by hand. This form has approx 200 fields.. When done, i want them to hit PRINT, and print a copy and SUBMIT, and boom it sends the pdf to my other computer 2 offices away. That computer is by itself.. it was built to be a server.. but does nothing but host a software atm.

1tb worth of space and can take more if needed.

What ive done!  Okay.. i have tried creating a form and having someone create some lil servlet and the servlet submitedthru some php file that submited to a DB  <--FAILED!!!  First i cant create a DB.. and for one form that has 200 questions or more.. someone said, thats alot of work and i may be paying  a few fingers for a db that large.

Second, I asked can i just submit as pdf as LCD asks you to. PROBLEM: the computer we are submitting to is a computer,  no one is in there. So u send an email to it, is like  dbl work. 1nce a week id have to go and dl all the emails.. and .. NAH.. too much.

Liveceylce also asks to submit the pdf to a url such as http:// . I love tat. Thats what i want.. I can make that standalone host a url if i have to easily  and submit to that. Tried that No help.. I submited to  http://testing.servebeer.com/mydocuments  <-- I know its wrong. but i cant think.

So i go back to acrobat and look thru there.. and what do i see.. a feature that would work. I dont know how it works, but it works.. When u clikc submit, the form is returned to  the maker or whatever. Works like a charm i think. Problem, when i tried to make my livecycle form do that in acrobat, that option was not given to me. Why?

So now im back at square one. A document needing to be submitted via something other than email.

Reason for all this: Well heres the thing.. when  the burses fill it out, they print a copy put it in folder and we are done.. Problem.. What if someone comes steal files? NO BACK UP. what about a Fire? No BACK UP.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

You wont be able to hide the path from Acrobat so saving it to the drive directly is out. You coudl submit to a server program and have that save on your behalf. This woudl hide the path from the user and also make it easier as you only have to set up a mapping on one machine.

Paul

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Former Community Member

If all of these computers are on the same network why not simply map a drive on that computer and save into that mapped drive?

Paul

Level 1

thank u for ur response..

OKay about mapping to a drive on a main  thats good and dandy..

I need help as to do it..   Everything thing in the office is set up as a home office network..  So which means workgroup and what not.. ANd are all on a router with 192.168.123.xxx

Including the main box that i want everything saved on.. I think ive tried what u are saying. But i wasnt successfull.

So could u kindly guide me as to what u have in mind and preferably in dummy terms just incase .. thnx

Former Community Member

This is very straight forward ....share a location on your server computer. Then map it to a drive on your machine with the form on it. When you do a save as you shoudl be able to choose the virtual drive from the server machine. If you need help mapping th edrive you shoudl talk with your IT staff. This part has nothing to do with Adobe.

Paul

Level 1

Mapping i got. I just wasnt sure thats what it was called.
SAVE AS... hmmm not quite.  If im not mistaken .. SAVE AS leave access for them to go to the path and they can retrieve informatioin from that path with no one knowing.  But if i was to submit ANd adobe or livecycle knows i just want them to save as to a path on the server, then thats good. Because the pathto: is still discreet to others.

I was moe or less thinking i could just click submit, and it would go to the www via http: then come into the server and save itself in the correct location. At least this way, i wouldnt have to quite be in the office to save all the time anymore..

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

You wont be able to hide the path from Acrobat so saving it to the drive directly is out. You coudl submit to a server program and have that save on your behalf. This woudl hide the path from the user and also make it easier as you only have to set up a mapping on one machine.

Paul

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----