Expand my Community achievements bar.

Submit sending to wrong email address

Former Community Member

I have a form I created by importing a Microsoft Word document.  I had a "Submit by Email" button placed on the form when it was created.  In the object tab, I then changed the Email Address to the address I want the form sent to, and also set the Subject.  When I look at the XML Source of the file,  ifind 1 location with an email address, and it is the correct one.  When I select File->Distribute Form... it sets the email address to be mine, and changes the subject to "Submitting completed form."  I am assuming it is getting at least the email address from my computer.  I have opened the distributed version of the form and found 4 locations where my email address has been plugged in, including the location for the button, which had the correct address in the original form.  I am setting my collection method to "Manually collect responses in my email inbox" as that is the closest option I have.  I then use the "Save a local copy..." selection so multiple people can send it out, as needed.  Last, the check box to collect the submitter's name and email is checked.  I want to collect these in a different person's inbox, using the address I provided in the original form.  I can edit the final distributed form prior to sending it out, but would rather not have to remember to do this when the form changes.  Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Acrobat Pro 9.3.3

Livecycle Designer ES v8.2.1.4029.1.523496

Regards,

Karl

5 Replies

Former Community Member

Acrobat.com is being used to distribute your form and it is overriding your button with your profile settings. You can either up

date your profile on Acrobat.com or do not use the distribute functionality and let the button email send the file.

Paul

Former Community Member

So even though I answer the question:

"How do you want to collect responses from your recipients?"

with:

"Manually collect responses in my email inbox"

and I am not logged into Acrobat.com, it is still using Acrobat.com and my credentials there?  Is it getting them from my registry or something?  If this is true, it sounds a bit disturbing in suggesting anything can grab that from my local machine.

The thing is, using the distributed version is more transparent, as the email doesn't pop up to be sent.  It may, however, avoid some confusion some people seem to have in that they would then KNOW it is sent.  I have had people submit the form,and then attach it to an email and send it to me as well.  Seems they didn't see the notification saying it was sent...

Karl

Level 1

At some point on your desktop, you saved an email address as your Identity.  I won't go in to the details of how this happened (probably from checking off "Remember me" on a submit form message box), but will instead focus on your fix.  In Adobe, go to Edit/Preferences/Identity.  You will see an email address saved as your Identity.  This Identity email address overrides any email address you associate with your submit form button.  A design flaw or feature--who knows?  By replacing the Identity email address with the one you want to use on your current form, the correct email address will be associated with your submit form button.  This is assuming that you want to continue to have your Identity saved.  If you don't, removing your saved Identity will probably work also.  Hope that helps.  We just had the same problem.

Former Community Member

This solution worked for me.  I still don't understand why my Acrobat identity would override the email address I specified in LiveCycle.  What's the point of having an option to specify an email address to send to in LiveCycle if Acrobat is going to override it??

Level 1

Glad the solution worked.  As for the problem, I agree it makes no sense--you are preaching to the choir.  I can come up with no reason why they would provide the ability to type in an email address when the saved identity will override it (without notification of any kind).  On the email entry screen, they could at least specify that a saved identity will override anything entered.  It took some time to troubleshoot when we had the problem; the solution we identified worked but at a significant waste of time.