Expand my Community achievements bar.

Submit Form to E-mail Server

Level 9

I need help learning how to send a dynamic LiveCycle form to our e-mail server. Then have the server, e-mail the form to one or more of our employees (the recipient). The form wilI be accessed from our company intranet and open in the IE browser.

My understanding is to use a generic button and change it from Regular to Submit.  I see all the various dropdown choices and the field for a URL address. What information do I need to get from my IT Department to make this work? Our company uses Outlook as the e-mail client and in the global address book my e-mail address starts with SMTP.  Any information or links to information would be appreciated. I know very little about e-mail servers. I have used some JavaScript and understand the basics. The recipient will need the entire PDF, not just the data. I use LiveCycle ES2.

Thanks

-Don

3 Replies

Level 5

Email button can do ..

Only thing is you need to give the data in the object palette like mail addresses of the recipients..

Level 9

Thanks for your reply. I will explain better what I need...

I want our employees to access the form from our company intranet. It will open in the INternet Explorer browser. They will fill in their information, then click a "Submit" button. They do not have an e-mail client (like Outlook, etc...) so I need the form to be sent to our e-mail server by somehow adding our server's URL address. Then our e-mail server will send the form as an attachment to the recipient. How do I make this happen?

Level 10

The employees have browsers but don't have email clients installed?

The email function only works for sending emails to specific addresses.

To do what you are thinking of would require something like an HTTP submission to connect to a JAVA app on your webserver which could then look after things. I can't help with that.