Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Submit by email doesn't work in Acrobat Reader to send PDF

Level 1

I am making a fillable PDF and users on Acrobat Reader cannot email pdf, only data file. I need them to be able to send a pdf. What am I doing wrong?

2 Replies

Former Community Member

To be able to email PDF you have the Reader Extend the form to allow a local save of the file. This is required by the mail client to be able to attach the PDF to the email message. You can Reader Extend your file in Acrobat.

Paul

Level 2

Don't use the regular "'submit by email button." If you use this button, you can only submit the data as XML. Instead, make your own button.

In the Object library under Standard objects, click and drag a plain button to your form. Change the Control Type to Submit. Now you should have a new tab called Submit with a "submit to URL" option.  In that field type the return email address in the following format:  mailto:jdoe@domain.com.  Toward the bottom of the same option, there is a field that says "submit" and the choice is XML data package.  Change that to PDF.  Then change the name of the button to "Submit by Email."  Now when you preview your form and click the Submit by Email button, it should mail the completed form as a PDF instead of simply mailing the raw data.