Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Submit by e-mail difficulty, because of trial?

Level 1

I recently downloaded the trial version of LiveCycle to see if it would be a good fit for my company. It seems to be except for the submit by e-mail button will only allow me to submit in .xml, I've read up on how to fix this and even tried using the mailto command with a regular button (it doesn't even realize I'm trying to send an e-mail when I do that). Is this simply because I'm using the trial version and an issue that I won't have once I purchase the full version? Thanks for any help you can give.

2 Replies

Level 6

try the following JS code in "click" event of a regular button which will compose the email and attach a copy of completed form in PDF format.

var subj = "Service Agreement Request";
var ebody = "You may attach additional attachments if you have. But do not edit the Subject line."

event.target.submitForm({cURL:"youremailadd@domail.com?subject="+subj+"&body="+ebody,cSubmitAs:"PDF",cCharset:"utf-8"});

Level 4

Can the above code be modified to work with a mailto command - ie so as to attach the pdf to email ?

I kinda thought you needed form server or something to do that

cheers