Expand my Community achievements bar.

Submit button in distributed form don't work.

Level 1

I created a form in LiveCycle Designer.  It has 2 submit buttons, both to the same email address.  They link back to a hidden button to send the email.  The form works undistributed, but when I distribute the form to track respsonses, the buttons no longer function.  Why?

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

A couple of things.

If you are distributing through Acrobat.com, then the distributed form will take the default email address associated with the Acrobat.com account. This will override the email specified in the Submit button or the submit script.

Also if the form is not Reader Enabled and the submit button/script is set to return PDF, then the button will fail silently if opened in Reader. This is because the users with Reader cannot save data in a form that is not Reader Enabled and therefore cannot return a PDF.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Level 1

I'm distributing the form in Acrobat Pro 9.

I created the form in Live Cycle Designer.  Save, then open in Acrobat pro.  Extend Features to Acrobat Reader, click the drop down box on Forms and hit distribute.  I save a local copy.  When I open the distributed form the buttons do fall silent, the Submit Button on the purple line up top still works, but that doesn't appear in reader and the people who will be completing the form all use reader.  Any suggestions for a fix?

I'd like to distribute because that automates the tracking.  It works undistributed.

Level 10

Hi,

Acrobat 9 help states:

"Acrobat.com is a free, secure web service that works with Acrobat. Participants download the file from Acrobat.com, and add comments or data using Acrobat. When finished, participants publish comments or submit responses to Acrobat.com. When using Acrobat.com for shared reviews, you can also allow reviewers to open and share the PDF in a live chat session. For forms, responses are encrypted and stored on your hard drive as they are returned."

I think this is why your submit button fails, because Acrobat.com takes over the submission process.

The purple Document Message Bar normally shows up in Reader, unless the user clicks it on the left  hand side or has turned it off in the preferences:

Parallels Desktop1.png

Good luck,

Niall

Level 1

I'm having this same issue, but when I go to the preferences in my Reader that option is ghosted.  Is this something

that my company may have disabled?