Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

submit bottom on a Form

Level 1

I created a form using Livecycle and I can not get users to be able to complete and submit the form to me via email. Apperantly only users with the full adobe version are able to submit the form to me even though I made the form properties available to adobe readers 7 or later. I followed the directions under Palettes/assesability/object/submit and entered mailto:(myemailaddress) and then marked as submit as PDF. i thought this was all i needed to do but i can not get some users to be able to email it to me and what they are saying its that when they try to submit it they are given an error or failed message.

I have notice that 2 out of 10 people have been able to submit the form to me via email. thanks

3 Replies

Level 10

You need to "reader extend" the form in Acrobat first.

It's under the Advanced menu > "Extend features in Adobe reader".

Level 1

thank you Jono. I followed the "reader extent" directions and now when I open the form it says: "Operation not permitted". When i had someone try the updated version they got an error that said: "adobe reader9.0 has encountered a problem and needs to close". any suggestions? thanks

Level 10

The only thing I can think of is that your form is saved as a Static form instead of Dynamic.

I tried saving your form as Dynamic, but it won't let me as you are using a PDF as background art. I think you'll need to start a new form and make the whole thing in LiveCycle.

I copied and pasted all the fields from your form to a new blank form, saved it as a Dynamic PDF, Reader Extended it with Acrobat and get no error. I've attached the file I did.