Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Submit As XML Data

Level 3

I have created a form in LiveCycle Designer, on eof the buttons of the form is Submit, I'm integrating the form to a .NET application.

What I nee is to send an XML to a file when the user clicks the submit button, then the .NET application will pick that XML and sends it to the database.

My first challenge is how do I make sure that the xml is sent to a file, I know I'm suppose to write something under the Submit to URL...

Secondly, is it easier for the form to just send the xml straight to the database & let the .NET application pick it up from the database, if so, then how do I do that one.

Thanks

Ace

1 Reply

Level 4

Sending XML via HTTP submit will probably be what you need.  This will have to call a webservice though that would accept the xml and then put it onto your server or wherever you are putting it.  Putting it directly into a database would be done the exact same way.  Call a webservice with submit type of xml and handle the database insert at the web service, then your .NET app would be able to grab it.