Expand my Community achievements bar.

Submit As XML Data

Level 3

I have created a form in LiveCycle Designer, on eof the buttons of the form is Submit, I'm integrating the form to a .NET application.

What I nee is to send an XML to a file when the user clicks the submit button, then the .NET application will pick that XML and sends it to the database.

My first challenge is how do I make sure that the xml is sent to a file, I know I'm suppose to write something under the Submit to URL...

Secondly, is it easier for the form to just send the xml straight to the database & let the .NET application pick it up from the database, if so, then how do I do that one.

Thanks

Ace

1 Reply

Level 4

Sending XML via HTTP submit will probably be what you need.  This will have to call a webservice though that would accept the xml and then put it onto your server or wherever you are putting it.  Putting it directly into a database would be done the exact same way.  Call a webservice with submit type of xml and handle the database insert at the web service, then your .NET app would be able to grab it.