Expand my Community achievements bar.

Subforms fail to present

Level 4

On  page 3 of this form are a series of checkboxes and their associated subforms. When the checkbox is "on" the subforms appear. When viewing the form in the PDF preview, everything works as it should; however, when I bring up the the PDF form outside of Designer, the subforms do not appear as they are supposed to when the checkboxes are turned on.

Can someone take a look at this and lend some insight?

Thanks,

Jenny

5 Replies

Level 4

I just noticed that the problem seems to have something to do with the LATTAKS checkbox on page 2 and its associated LATNote subform, which I added recently.  It seems as though either the LATTAKS checkbox will work, or the other checkboxes on page 3 will work, but if the checkbox on page 2 is "on" then the checkboxes on page 3 will not  present their subforms when "on," and vice-versa.

Looking at the XML source, the code for the checkbox on page 2 (LATTAKS) and associated subform (LATNote) are way down at the end of the document, whereas the code for the page 3 checkboxes are in the middle of the cdocument. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Former Community Member

Seems to be working fine for me ......Note that on Page 3 if I click more than one checkbox then the associated

subform appears. You shoudl add code to hide the subforms that are visible so that only 1 can be visible.

Paul

Level 10

Hi,

That's interesting, becuase it is not working here either. If the checkbox is selected on page2 first, then the checkboxes on page3 do not "appear" to work. Similarly if the checkboxes on page3 are used first then the checkbox on page 2 does not make the subform visible/hidden.

I can't explain it, just confirming that we are seeing the same thing here (LC Designer ES / ES2 and Acrobat 9).

Here is the form, with system beeps inserted into the checkbox scripts, which shows that the script is firing all the way through in all checkboxes. Just that the hidden subforms are not being made visible (at least not where they are located at design time).

Good luck,

Niall

Former Community Member

OK Now I see how to duplicate the issue ( I was not clicking on the checkbox on Page 2 ----Doh!). If you add the commmand:

xfa.layout.relayout();

to each of the checkboxes on page 3 (as the last thing in the script)  then it works fine. Looks like there is a redraw issue when you make the subform on Page2 visible then try and add the subform. The relayout command forces a redraw.

Paul

Level 4

That did it! Thanks guys--you are, as always, most helpful.

Happy new year!