Expand my Community achievements bar.

Subform Repeat and Text not Saving Issues

Former Community Member

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help with some an issue I am having with a form I have created (please see link below). Under the programme structure section (bottom of page 3) there is a table that has to be filled in for each academic year of study (there can be up to 6 years of study and the minimum and inital number of instances for this table is 1) with the relevant module information. Users should be able to add and remove a year of study as well as add/remove modules that make up each year of study. When completing the form and entering text in the fields and then saving the form I come up with an error whereby the table is repated a further 3 times. Every time you save the document the table is also repeated! Any text typed (and saved) in the text boxes after the table also seem to mysteriosuly dissappear. I have no idea why!

Any help would be much appreicated.

https://acrobat.com/#d=hoB28APgIT67AmLrq4LZ2A

Thanks in advance,

Ken

2 Replies

Level 6

Best practice is to name the subforms some thing different from default names.....I noticed you have every thing right except this.

I just renamed bunch of subforms and updated code accordingly....that made the trick

I renamed following subforms....

Subform[5]>>>>Subform_5

Subform[5].Subform1>>>>>Subform1_1

Subform[5].Subform1.Subform2>>>>>Subform2_2

Subform[5].Subform1.Subform2.Subform>>>>>Subform_1

You could use some meaningful names....try this and see if that does not work shoot me an email at n_varma(AT)lycos.com I have a working copy anyway that you can dig in.

Hope that helps,

Former Community Member

Thank you! Seems to have worked so far. Never would have thought to look at the subform names. Will definitely remember this next time and use proper names in the future!!