Expand my Community achievements bar.

Subform ceases to open after toggling open/close 3rd time

Level 6

I have a Yes/No radio button that controls the visibility of a subform on a multi-page doc. The subform (named: Chapter) is the last subform on the page. When Yes is selected, it reveals the default hidden "Chapter "subform, while clicking "No" hides it. After 3-4 open/close iterations, the subform suddenly fails to open after clicking “Yes” again.

What's weird is that you can the subform is being rendered (behind the scenes) because the Page number in the footer increases by 1 to signify content has been added to the document, HOWEVER, the subform doesn't become visible, nor can I scroll down to view the page where it would/should have opened.

Simply put, I'm using a radio button on the Change event with the following script:

if (this.rawValue == "1"){

Chapter.presence = "visible";

}

if (this.rawValue == "2"){

Chapter.presence = "hidden";

}

Again, the script works for the most part but it all of sudden stops opening the subform after the 3rd or 4th attempt. It almost seems like some type of system bug that's REALLY annoying given how simple this is...

Other info:

- I'm using Designer ES2

- Form has a target version of 9.0/9.1

- Using Acrobat XI to render form outside of Livecycle

- The Chapter subform contain other nested subforms, and is set to "Follow Previous" and also Allowed to Page break within Content.

Any ideas what could be causing this to happen???

0 Replies