Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Sub processes not found on deployed application

Level 1

Hi,

While modifying an application with a process that calls some subprocesses, we've noticed that sometimes its instances get stalled before calling a sub process. The log shows a warning and an error:

• WARN  [com.adobe.workflow.AWS] ALC-DSC-012-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.registry.ServiceNotFoundException: Service: /category name/1.0/subprocesses/process name.process not found. at com.adobe.idp.dsc.registry.service.impl.ServiceRegistryImpl.getService(ServiceRegistryImpl.java:1088)
  • ERROR [com.adobe.workflow.AWS] stalling action-instance: 15006 with message: ALC-DSC-012-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.registry.ServiceNotFoundException: Service: /category name/1.0/subprocesses/process name.process not found. at com.adobe.idp.dsc.registry.service.impl.ServiceRegistryImpl.getService(ServiceRegistryImpl.java:1088)

We had seen this issue before, but redeploying the application was enough to solve the problem.

We've checked that all the assets of the application are listed in "Applications and Services - Application Management" in the adminui. On the workbench, when clicking on the activity calls show the expected subprocess, and if you right-click and select open subprocess, it is opened in the process designer. Removing and adding a new Suprocess activity that points to "process name" doesn't solve the error, but it seems that adding a new activity that calls the process as "category name/subprocesses/process name" works.

Does someone know the reason why the server isn't finding the processes? I thought it would be better keeping related processes in the same application, and it would make the administration easier. Is it a bad practice to change the calls to "category name/subprocesses/process name" instead of "process name"? Our configuration is: LiveCycle ES2 and JBOSS.

Thank you

2 Replies

Level 10

Make sure that your subprocess is of version 1.0

In case if you deployed a newer version and attempting to refer to older version (not deployed version) of sub process, this error might occur.

Nith

Level 1

Hi Nith, thanks for your reply.

There's only version 1.0 of the processes. We tried to use versions some months ago and we ran into this error, as you have said.

Since we updated the "reference" to the process we've not seen these messages on the log again, but I still don't understand the reason why they started.

Anyway, we'll see if this happens again when we update our applications in the future. I hope not.