Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Sub-aligning of text in a text variable

Former Community Member

Hi all!

I've got stuck with a question which seems to be easy.

I have a PDF form. It's body is pure text. As far as I don't know the number of paragraphs in the text beforehand (maybe dozens), I used just a text field and assigned it to a string variable.

When I collect text lines into my string variable I separate them by line feed symbols and it's ok - I have new lines in form. But the problem is that the text is aligned "full", by both sides of the page, and the last line of the paragraph is also aligned full while it is expected that it'll be left-aligned (as any text editor does). Is it possible to align the last line of the paragraph left while the whole page is aligned "full"? Should I use something else but cr_lf symbols?

Sample text that I got is like this:

Thanks!

123.png

1 Reply

Former Community Member

The only thing I came to is using a table without borders to collect lines of text instead of a text variable. When I'm not using cr_lf symbols at the end of the line (just because next line is the next table line), aligning is ok.

Though I still consider such solution to be awkward. Nevertheless, it works.