Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

Styles in LiveCycle ES2?

Level 4

Is there anything similar to styles in LiveCycle? I get sooooo tired of having to style fields and text everytime I make one!

6 Replies

Level 4

Steve, I really hate to second guess a staff memeber with your experience, but are Style sheets in Livecycle ES2? I have ES2 installed and with the link you gave, the options are not there (or I am blind/dumb). I was under the impression this would be set with templates in ES2 and the styles were new to ES3?

Level 10

It's generally possible to use styles in ES2, but you don't have an interface to create such styles (aka prototypes) as in ES3.

It's possible to create an interface using the macro API introduced with ES2.

I've created such macro to modify the look of fields and saving the results as prototypes within the template.

http://thelivecycle.blogspot.de/2011/06/field-designer-macro.html

The workflow isn't optimal in ES2 right now but I'm thinking of another macro for the furture that makes it easier.

For now you can use the macro to create a prototype object in the template.

Then you have to assign the ref property with a clunky som expression to this prototype to each object, that should use the prototype.

This means a lot of copy'n paste in the XML source.

Anyway, the effect is great and your're able to minize the form size rapidly.

Level 4

Radzmar: you are a king amoung men....Wonderful suggestion and I have a few projects this will work wonders on.

And just as a side note: I have used a ton of your stuff in my own professional work. Just wanted to take a second to say thanks for making me look good.

Level 4

Is there an english version of your blog? ANd is your plugin in german only? Thanks!

Level 10

Hi,

the post are almost in german AND english ... You only need to scroll down a bit.

The macro also contains english, just click on the flag symbol in the upper right to switch the language.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-1vDYxF0zlA0/TrhCgJyvkLI/AAAAAAAAAY8/9KntxQAhiH4/s320/step2.png