Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Status [secured] when opening a document with the Acrobat Reader

Level 1

Hello,

I have the problem that I created a PDF via LiveCycleDesigner. In the next step another colleage open this document with the Acrobat Reader, he fills in a few details and save this document. Now another colleage opens this document with the Acrobat Reader and he sees the document in the status [secured], so he cannot add other details to this document and save them. With other normal PDF´s this problem does not appear. I think I have to adjust something in the LiveCycleManager, before generating the PDF, but I don´t know where. Somebody can help me?

Thanks in advance! Arne

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi there,

If I'm not mistaken, this tag [SECURED] is applied through the form properties where you apply a password for the PDF.

In LiveCycle Designer, go to the following:

File > Form Properties > PDF Security and then if a password is set for the form, you can modify the Changes Allowed option to any applicable.

I am not aware of any other way to have that [SECURED] tag.

I hope this will help you.

Level 1

Hello Magnus,

Thanks for your answer.

The flag password is not set. So unfortunatly this cannot be the reason for my problem.

1713886_pastedImage_0.png

The first colleage who opens the document does not open the document in the status [secured]. Only after the second one opens the document the status [secured] occured.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Arne