Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Static vs. Dynamic?

Former Community Member

I'm creating a from in LC that needs to be dynamic because of a ADD/REMOVE table for school information.  I also have included the funcationality of attaching documents in another section of the form.  I run into the problem that now the form is saved in a dynamic format, the user is able to add/remove rows in a table but when the user fills out the attachment portion of the form, when sent, those attachments don't appear in the email.  However, when the form is saved as a Static form, the ADD/REMOVE table doesn't work but the attachments are embedded in the form when emailed and is viewable.  Can anyone help me out on this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Can you verify that the attachments are there before emailing? IN Acrobat you will have an attachments tab and you shoudl see them there.

Paul

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Can you verify that the attachments are there before emailing? IN Acrobat you will have an attachments tab and you shoudl see them there.

Paul

Former Community Member

Thanks for the heads up Paul.  I checked under the Attachments tab in Acrobat and found that the file does exist and is viewable.  However, this poses another question.  I have four seperate fields (ie. resume, cover letter, etc) associated to a particular document.  When the form is submitted, and the attachments from the four fields are found under the attachments tab in Acrobat, does this inhibit the ability to move a particular file to a particular folder?

Former Community Member

Nope ....that attachments tab has the ability to save the attachment that is highlighted to any location that your computer can see.

The Save button will only become active when you choose an attachment to manipulate.

Paul

Former Community Member

If I were to run a procedure so that when the form is received, the attachments will be able to be scraped and stored automatically?  I guess what I'm trying to get is whether or not all the data/attachments in the form can be moved over to a repository automatically where there is a one-to-one relationship between the attachment and its associated field in the repository.

Rich

Former Community Member

There are commands exposed through Acrobat that will allow you to initiate the saving of the attachments but the user will have to choose a location for the stirage of the attachments. This is done for security reasons.....the user must be involved in these types of scenarios.

Paul

Former Community Member

If location isn't the issue and I would just have a procedure that would take all attachments and direct them to one folder, this shouldn't be an issue where the user has to set the location, correct?

Former Community Member

Right ...you can initiate the save (bring up a file dialog) and then the user picks the location and the save happens.

Paul

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----