Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Static header/footer on flowing dymanic layout

Former Community Member

Hello guys I've been browsing high and low for awhile now, but never found what I REALLY need to fix my form.

Have a flowing layout with (from top to bottom, in this order): header, text, detail, bio and footer.

1. HEADER and FOOTER are two fragments wrapped into positioned subforms, on the top and bottom of the pach, respectively.
  2. TEXT is a positioned subform just underneat the header.
  3. DETAIL is a flowing subforms which is supposed to grow in height as the user creates new instances of it [and it's working].
  4. BIO is a text box wrapped into a flowing subform (asa above).

My problem is that, although placing HEADER and FOOTER in the Master pages section (because I'd like them to be repeated in EACH page), they come regularly being stepped upon by the rest of the subforms (TEXT, DETAIL and BIO).

Of course I'd like to have HEADER and FOOTER fixed in their positions, independently from what's in between, and all the flowing subforms placing from underneath HEADER, filling all the available space, eventually breaking to the following page, but always underneath HEADER and above FOOTER.

I am looking for some STEP-BY-STEP example of a working solution based on what I've reported, please don't post external links or maybe-solutions. Perhaps for you is something very easy and silly, but this is giving me a lot of headaches so far.

Thank you in advance to those who'll effectively reply

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

You need to adjust your content area. Go View>Master Pages. You'll see a mauve dotted outline that you can adjust manually or in your Layout pallette. If you put your header/footer outside of that area, all the content of the rest of your form will page break between them.

Kyle

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

You need to adjust your content area. Go View>Master Pages. You'll see a mauve dotted outline that you can adjust manually or in your Layout pallette. If you put your header/footer outside of that area, all the content of the rest of your form will page break between them.

Kyle

Former Community Member

Thank you Kyle, it worked exactly as I wanted it to!