Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

States Drop List that poplulates Only info for each State?

Former Community Member

I have created a drop list of all 50 states in the United States. I need to somehow isolate only the information that is particular to each state and have it present when a user chooses the state name from the drop list. The information that will appear for each state may be one company name and address or several different names/locations. This will need to appear on a page in a client's web site.

So, I have two questions:

1) Can I create this drop list function in LiveCycle for web utility?

2) If so, I'm not sure where/how to begin with the hidden content or how to synch it to the state selections. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to accomplish this task?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can customize the array for your need. And data can be in any sequence. It appears in the order by which you invoke the array.

Regards,

Nith

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

I have created a sample for you based on your requirements.

Just have a look at the functionality and the logic used.

Passing this info to a web application is another challange for you.

Nith

Former Community Member

Thanks, Nith -

This is very helpful. I see how sample code works. If there are more locations and contacts than one, I assume that I would I establish fields such as Company1, Company2, Company 3, etc. Is that correct? Can they be listed in sequence or do I need to add an additional command preceding the data for every location/contact?

Brian

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can customize the array for your need. And data can be in any sequence. It appears in the order by which you invoke the array.

Regards,

Nith