Expand my Community achievements bar.

Start Process From Scanned Document In Watch Folder or Email

Level 2

Looking for a way for a office person to scan a document into a watch folder or email a scanned document to LCES2.

Then from that scanned document a process is started and the user in workspace has a routing slip (pdf) and the scanned document in view.

I can see how to start the process with a email or watch folder but how do I get the scanned document in as a attachment to the process routing slip?

Somewhat new to LC and not seeing any demo's on this. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

John

4 Replies

Level 10

If you use watched folder, your scanned document will be added to a "document" variable.

Then use a SetValue to put the content of that variable into a list (/process_data/myList[1] = /process_data/@myDoc).

Finally you can pass that list in the Attachment section of the User step and you will see the scanned document in the attachment tab of Workspace.

Jasmin

Level 2

my tracking sheet the workspace user has a data schema to help in mapping variables. I can see how to add that if a form in workspace is the launch point. How would I attach that with a drop folder being the start point?

Level 10

Sorry, I don't understand your question.

The watched folder start point has nothing to do with the form data. The entire form is going to go in the input variable and then you'll have to extract the data.

Is that what you're trying to ask?

Jasmin

Level 3

Hi Jasmin,

I'm facing a problem with the watched folder files, they appear under the Attachment tab for the user, but with broken links, i.e. "The requested resource () is not available" error.

what I did is simply create a new process with watched folder  start point, define a list-document variable as I/O and assign this variable to the user service?

can you help

Hussam