Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Start page to create form

Level 2

Hi,

So basically my issue is this. My company has a form that is 15 pages long (each page has different questions for different scenarios) 95% of users only need to fill out one of the pages.

Is there a way I can create a start page that only has the questions needed then takes those answers and creates a PDF for them to sign with everything all fillout in the proper space. Basically they wouldn't see the actual form until they answered all of the questions then it creates for the form for them. Then they can review and sign it. The start page would not be part of the form when it was finished.

Are there any examples of this out there using live cycle any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies

Level 7

You can follow this example. Basically you will change the form that is shown based on the data (choices).

Multiple Top Level Subforms

Level 4

I have developed a form that sounds a lot like what you are trying to accomplish. In this form, the user opens a one-page form; then, based on choices made to a series of radio button choices, five (5) alternative versions of subsequent pages are displayed.

This is done by setting the Presence property (on the Object tab, page/subform/field subtab) to hidden. Then based on radio button selection, and "if, elseif(s), then" statements are used to control the visibility of the right portions of the form.

You can create a print button on the last page of each verion of the form you want to print and manual write some code on printing to avoid print start page (or alternatively set the start page's presence to hidden) after radio buttons are selected to avoid printing that pages.

You can view my form here: Dropbox - Written History Checkllist.pdf