Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Start NewProcess properties question

Level 2

Hi,

I have a simple workflow invoked from the WorkSpace.

LC version is ES2.5

User's client computer has Acrobat Reader, version 9.4.0

The .PDF form has some simple Text fields, plus a couple of Signature fields.

The Submit button on the form has the "Submit as PDF" checked.

The problem is,

after the form is launched in user's Workspace, the user fills up the form, DigiSigned the signature field, But when the user clicks the "Complete" button, it just disappeared, there's no error message, but the workitem did not go to the next person in the workflow.  Can't find the process in the AdminUI either (Process Search showed nothing running, and nothing is in the Stalled Operation nor the Stalled Branch lists).

What could have caused this?

and What should be set in the Start NewProcess's property sheet?

In the Presentation & Data tab, I have,

Asset - the .PDF form

Action Profile -- Default, with the "Reader Extend" box checked in the "Default Render Process Configuration" section.

Start Point Output -- use a Document variable

Reader Submit -- unchecked (doesn't seem to fix the problem even if I check the box)

What to do to let it go to the next step in the workflow?

thanks

8 Replies

Level 10

I've heard of a bug around that.

One thing you can check is if there's a new entry in the tb_job_instance table in the database.

If there is one entry, that means the job was sent properly. It's just not being picked up by the engine properly. This is what the patch fixes.

Jasmin

Level 2

on the AdminUI -- About screen,

the Version is 9.0.0.0 GM

Patch Version: SP2

Service Pack Version: 9.0.0.2.20100902.2.248889

which patch do we need?

thanks

Level 10

SP2 is a service pack.

I you need that fix, you'll need to contact support directly.

Jasmin

Level 2

I haven't been able to check the tb table yet, but I do like to find out what's the correct settings in the property sheet of the Start point.

Because when I tried to change the stuff in the Presentation & Data, I got different results, most of the times it failed and gave me some error messages.  It's frustrating, not knowing if it's something I did wrong in those settings, or if it's a bug somewhere, or it's caused by something else...

for example, before, I was able to use the .XDP in the "Asset", everything worked fine.  But it stopped working today.

So I changed it to use .PDF in the Asset.  Then the workitem disappeared after the Initiator's Submit.

So, exactly what should I set in the Presentation & Data tab?

If after I set it that way, and it still doesn't work, then I will know it's a LiveCycle bug.

Should the following settings work? could you let me know please?

Asset -- put in my .PDF form

Action Profile -- Default, and check the "Reader Extend" box in the "default render process configurations" section

Start Point Output -- use a Document variable

(everything else unchecked)

thanks

Level 10

That should work.

I would just do another test without the Reader Extension to see if that causes any issue.

Jasmin

Level 2

well, without checking the Reader Extend box, the form won't come up at all at the Initiator's step.

The Client computer only has Reader 9.4, no Acrobat Pro.

I just verified with DBA that there are indeed new entries in the tb_job_instance table, and the entries looked correct.

However, system Admin also said that he has applied the latest Service Pack SP2 yesterday.

why my form won't get to the next step???

Level 10

Contact support.

The fix I'm talking about came AFTER sp2 and is not public yet.

Jasmin

Level 2

sorry I was wrong,

if I uncheck the "Reader Extend" box,

the form did show up,

but I won't be able to Sign the signature

and when I click the Complete, it didn't get submitted.  the form stays on the screen.

Interestingly,

when I tried the Sample "EndToEnd Mortgage Application"

I was not able to Sign the signature field also,

but when I click Complete, it did go away.

However, when I search the process in AdminUI, there's no EndToEnd instance either.

another interesting thing is,

the EndToEnd Mortgage sample has the Reader Extend box unchecked,

and everything there appeared to have been grayed out,

even if I check the Reader Extend box, it won't get saved, it stayed as unchecked...

why is that?

thanks