Expand my Community achievements bar.

SSO Queries

Level 2

Hi ,

1. we have a j2ee web application that already has the users authenticated using SiteMinder. We wanted to pass on the SiteMinder tokens as part of a Web Service SOAP request to LiveCycle server, so that a seamless SSO can happen. While referring to the adobe livedocs website, I got a sense that, LC server can accept only username token profile or the userid and password has to be passed on the HTTP header. Can you please respond if there is any other way to invoke a LiveCycle service with SiteMinder token information.

2. From the LiveCycle process, if I wanted to call out to another web service that requires SiteMinder token info, is there way to extract out the SiteMinder token info from the LiveCycle system, so that we can package it to pass it on to downstream web service ? Please suggest.

3. On referring to the following API documentation, I found that there is a way to call the authenticate method with SSOToken parameter. Is there any place I can refer to a sample code for this ?

public AuthResult authenticate(byte[] ssoToken, boolean createAssertion)

The api document is at,

http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/8.2/programLC/programmer/javadoc/com/adobe/idp/um/api/Authentica...

Appreciate your response,

Thanks

Gopala...

1 Reply

Level 4

Hi Gopala,

Yes, the requirement mentioned above (Both 1 and 2) can be met in ES2. The way to do this is currently not well documented.

Would suggest you to contact Adobe Support for further help here