Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

SSL error while opening secured documents

Level 2

Rights_Management_error.JPGRights_Management_error.JPG]

I am getting this error after rights management policies have been downloaded and applied on the document. I confirmed that security certificate is in my certiifcate store (trusted). Does it need to placed at any other place too ? What could I be possibly missing here ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Did you set the Base URL property for Rights Management to use the proper (SSL) URL?

See screen shot.

Steve

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Did you set the Base URL property for Rights Management to use the proper (SSL) URL?

See screen shot.

Steve

Level 2

Yup,...That worked....!!!!

Appreciate your quick help.    

Level 2

Couple of more areas that I want to seek further inputs. While version 9 - STD allows me to refresh policies and save the new secured doc, the same is not applicable to ACROBAT PRO X. Also, I believe I am adding creating users but when I try to find them while creating policies, I simply can't locate the users. Anything that I am missing ?    

Former Community Member

Im not sure what you mean by the same is notapplicable to Acrobat Pro X, you can certainly use Acrobat Pro 10 to apply policies to PDF documents.  Is it that you can't locate where to refresh the policies?  Have you configured the Advanced settings in Acrobat 10 so it knows which RM server to pull the policies from?

You need to set it up under Tools > Protection > More Protection > Security Settings.  See screen shots.

As for the uses being available whencreating policies, you need to make sure that you have properly configured the "Visible Users and Groups" for the policy set that you are creating the policy in.  Only users in the domains that are added to "Visible Users and Groups" will be available to be added to the policy.

Regards

Steve

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----