Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

sourceSet is empty

Level 1

Hello,

I've been struggling with this issue for several days. I've read just about every piece of information I can find on google- document object models, xfa/xdp specifications, video tutorials, etc. I'm not exactly a beginner programmer, either. I'm trying to create a data connection to an Access database. I have set up the connection successfully under the Data View tab as "SpecsIn". However, when I try to access the sourceSet children, I get an index out of bounds error. I've tested it a few different ways and always the list comes back as length 0.

This results in an index out of bounds exception.

var nIndex = 0;

while(xfa.sourceSet.nodes.item(nIndex).name != "SpecsIn"){nIndex++;}

This results in a length of 0:

var oSources = xfa.sourceSet.nodes;

console.println(oSources.length.toString());

If I try to refer to the connection directly, ie. xfa.sourceSet.SpecsIn.command.query.setAttribute("text", "commandType");

I get this error: Invalid property get operation; packet doesn't have property 'SpecsIn'

The database connection seems to be sound, since when I set the connection delay to off, the bound field populates automatically and correctly. The XML source also seems to be formed well. How can I do anything with my data connection if JavaScript can't even find the node?!

Please help, this is very frustrating. I feel like I must be missing something fairly obvious?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

See the answer to this problem here. Apparently testing in LiveCycle preview mode does not give the correct functionality. This works when tested in Acrobat.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 1

See the answer to this problem here. Apparently testing in LiveCycle preview mode does not give the correct functionality. This works when tested in Acrobat.