Expand my Community achievements bar.

Signatures need to lock form, but allow changes before second signature

Level 2

Hello,

I am working on a form that is used in a nursing enviroment. We sometimes have a nurse start a note on a patient and then another nurse takes over. We want to track all the items the first nurse signs off of, and lock her changes - then track the second nurse changes and lock the whole note at the second signature. I want the form to lock all fields that were changed on the first signature, but I want the unchanged parts of the form to stay unlocked until the second signature is signed.

Thank you,

Bryan J.

2 Replies

Former Community Member

Bryan

You can design a form with Adobe LiveCycle Designer that uses "field collections".  These field collections can be associated with a Signature field.  When a signature is applied to the PDF, the fields in the associated field collection will be locked.  You can have multiple field collections, each associated with a different Signature field.

This functionality will lock all fields associated with the signature, whether the field was filled in (modified) or not.

Regards

Steve

Former Community Member

Steve,

I have a static PDF I created in LiveCycle ES and did utilize the signature collection tool to add several digital signatures (PKI) to my form.  However, RadioButtons do not seem to always lock with the signature collections, even though they have been included in the collection the signature is applied to.  Sometimes the RadioButtons do completely lock, but most of the time they do not.  This also happens if I convert the RadioButtons to checkboxes.

When I modify the RadioButtons after locking them with a digital signature, Adobe does point out that the form has been modified (most of the time).

Any ideas on what may be the issue?

Dan