Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Signature status becomes invalid when locking fields

Level 2

Hi,

I am facing an issue in Digital Signaure.

I designed a form which contains fields for filling data and two signature fields.

When the first signature is signed it will lock some of the fields for editing.The signature will be validated using Java API's in the server.

The form will be sent to other user for approval after this validation.

When i use Reader 9, the signature is valid.

But if i use reader 8 the signature is status is invalid.

What version of abode reader will be supported for locking of fields after signing.

Live Cycle Designer Version : 8.0

Regards.

S.V.Satsih Kumar

3 Replies

Former Community Member

In Reader 8, is the signature status actually "Invalid" where a Red X icon is displayed, or is it "Unknown" where a question mark icon is diaplayed.  Sometimes people mistake the question mark as invalid.

Thanks

Steve

Level 2

Hi,

The icon showed is tick mark with a question mark.When i validate the signature in the form,its status is invalid.

Regards,

S.V.Satish Kumar

Former Community Member

RegardsIf I remember correctly from Acrobat\Reader 8, the check mark with question mark icon indicates that the "signature" is valid, but the "user" (who signed) is unknown (not trusted).  Try installing the signers certificate into the Acrobat or Reader Trusted Identities.

1)  Right Click the signed signature field

2)  Select "Show Signature Properties"

3)  Select the "Signer" tab

4)  Click "Show Certificate"

5)  Click the "Trust Tab"

6)  Click "Add to Trusted Identities"

Trust.gif

If this does not resolve the issue, please uplad a screen shot of the "signature status" information, and or the signed PDF

Regards

Steve