Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Signature getting invalid due to some background script

Level 4

Hi,

I am making a form with lots of scripting and in the end locking all the fields of the form with the signature field. The issue is that the signature is getting invalid everytime , even when the fields are locked and no changes had been made.I am assuming that some other script on the background of the form is manipulating any field even though the fields had been locked by the signature field. But it is very difficult to find that script, as the form contains so much of scripting and all the scripts are on the exit and calculate event. Is there any way to solve it ? Please help .

Dick

8 Replies

Level 4

Thanks for the reply . I have attached a part of the the form . Some of the fields have been made mandatory on scripting . Also i am unable to generate an error list for the fields which are made mandatory through scripting when passed through process form submission in  LiveCycle WorkBench  . The digital signature field problem continues .

Level 4

Thanks for the reply . I have attached a part of the the form . Some of the fields have been made mandatory on scripting . Also i am unable to generate an error list for the fields which are made mandatory through scripting when passed through process form submission in  LiveCycle WorkBench  . The digital signature field problem continues .

Level 4

Thanks for the reply . I have attached the form . Some of the fields have been made mandatory on scripting . Another issue is that , i am unable to generate an error list for the fields made mandatory through scripting when i pass the form through process form submission in LiveCycle Workbench .

The digital signature issue continues . Please help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Level 4

Thanks for the reply . I have attached the form . Some of the fields have been made mandatory on scripting . Another issue is that , i am unable to generate an error list for the fields made mandatory through scripting when i pass the form through process form submission in LiveCycle Workbench .

The digital signature issue continues . Please help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Level 4

Sorry for multiple replies . Some problem with my net ..

Former Community Member

Hi there,

I have taken a look at your form. First off, some weird behaviour is that when you first sign it the signature is invalid as you mention. But if you close that document and reopen it the signature validates.

I broke apart your form into separate pages and signed each invidivually.  The only page that would not initially validate (before reopening) was page 3.  I looked through the script on that page and did not see anything out of the ordinary. even after removing the script the behaviour still exists.

There might be something corrupted as far as objects go on page 3. You may need to recreate that page from scratch if you come to the same conclusion after looking more closely at that page (since you are familiar with it).

Hope that is a good start for you.

Level 4

Thanks Maceo for the response Convince my manager also that it is not mine fault . On a serious note , please provide any inputs for getting the error list on the server side, for the fields made mandatory through scripting on the client side , if u have any idea about that also .