Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Sign XML data

Former Community Member

Hello,

I will need to design process that as output will have a XML package with data (some text and also base64 contents) and I need to digitaly sign this XML package. Is that possible with the LiveCycle and if so, what is the procedure?

I did some research on the digital signatures components and none of them has this feature. I have learned that Java has some classes that do handle this, however I do not have a clue if this is applicable in LC.

Thanks for any thoughts,

Jan

4 Replies

Former Community Member

Jan

It is possible to sign the xml data using XML DigSig.  You need to add a submit button to your form, as part of the submit button properties you will see a check box labeled "Sign Submission"  If you enable this option the users will be prompted to sign the XML that is bing submitted from the form.

You can choose to sign the XML data only, or the entire XDP package (which could include the PDF in base 64 encoded format).  You get to these options from the "Settings..." button located beside the Sign Submission property.

Regards

Steve

Former Community Member

Hi Steeve,

I would like to do it in a short-lived process (without user interaction), is that possible? I can imagine that I can use the render servise to render PDF form and sign that data that I input there, but it would transform the resulting XML package as It can variate a lot. The shema is pretty big with bunch ov elements.

The process works that I get that XML as input to LC and than I need to sign it and send it over WSDL to different process outside of LC.

Jan

Former Community Member

Jan

At this point there is no way that I am aware of to sign xml automatically using LiveCycle.  LiveCycle Digital Signatures ES2 can be used to automate the signing of PDF documents themselves, using (PDF) digital signatures, but not XML DigSig.

LiveCycle Digital Signatures ES2 can also be used to automate the validation of both PDF and XML digital signatures.

Regards

Steve

Level 8

If you know how to use the Java classes, then you can probably use them in the Execute Script service. This service enables you to execute Java code in a process, and provides access to process data so that you can manipulate it.

http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/8.2/wb_help/000581.html

You could also create a custom component that uses the :

http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/8.2/programLC/programmer/help/000934.html

scott