I have a use case I'm working on wherein I do the following:
- Wire up a WSDL within my PDF
- Bind the response (which is some XML) to a hidden text field
- Throw a button on the PDF that, when clicked, invokes that web service operation
- Take the XML response and display it in a table within the PDF
- Create a TaskManager endpoint so the user can access the form through Workspace
The user would then go into the form via Workspace and would invoke the web service which returns a bunch of data as XML - which I want to display to them in a readable fashion.
At first I thought there should be a "clean" way to just wire up a table object to XML using some form of dynamic binding but I see that's not available with tables. Then I thought I could just use the loadXML() method to load the XML response from the web service at the appropriate point of the data DOM but it doesn't seem to be working either.
Can you share a small portion of the XML being returned by the web service? I will try out a sampe in my sandbox.
I hope there must be a cleaner way to display them in tables.
The XML is actually coming from a Query Multiple Rows as XML service call within an orchestration and therefore takes the following form:
<ColumnA>Some Value A</ColumnA>
<ColumnB>Some Value B</ColumnB>
<ColumnA>Some Value C</ColumnA>
<ColumnB>Some Value D</ColumnB>