Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Showing process in tracking list for specific user

Former Community Member

Hello

I have a process in which there are several Assign Tasks operations for users to fill out forms.

I want a specific user of my domain to be able to review every process instance that gets initiated, but I haven't figured out how to accomplish that without assigning the task to him. I've been playing with Task Access Control List and Delegation and Consultation properties, adding the specific user and group to the settings, but still can't view the processes in his tracking list.

Is there an option or workaround for his Tracking list to get populated?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Glad to hear it.  I was just about to update my post.  It turns out I had other search criteria that were affecting my search.  When I removed those I

was able to run the search and see the tasks in the other queues (assuming, of course, that I had the appropriate

ACL turned on in the user service.)

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

You can create Custom Search Templates to search for certain process instances initiated by

all users.

See the help manual http://LOCALHOST:8080/lc_admin_en/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm?href=000373.html for more details

Nith

Level 3

Search Templates will allow users to search on tasks for which they have access rights.  If a user is not able to claim a task (either through a shared user queue or a group queue) then they will not see the task returned when they run the Search Template.  This approach will work, however, if you give your user access to the queues for all users who will participate in that process.  Then they can run the search to see all tasks for that process.

Former Community Member

So I would have to include my user in every AssignTask operation in the Task Access Control List section?

BTW I'm using LiveCycle ES update 1 (8.2)

Level 3

My appologies.  I just tried that and it seems that Search Templates do not include shared queues in their search query.  Therefore granting access to all queues, for your user, will not result in all related tasks being returned using a search template.

Former Community Member

Well, I've somewhat managed to get what I want:

• I created a search template for a specific task in my process
  • In the AssignTask operation in my orchestration, added the user in the Task Acces Control List (ACL) section, selected the 'Add ACL for shared queue' box

Now the user can view the process in the Search Template section in Workspace

Correct answer by
Level 3

Glad to hear it.  I was just about to update my post.  It turns out I had other search criteria that were affecting my search.  When I removed those I

was able to run the search and see the tasks in the other queues (assuming, of course, that I had the appropriate

ACL turned on in the user service.)