Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

Sharepoint Connector to invoke Forms?

Level 1

I have a customer interested in using Sharepoint to display and render forms to Sharepoint users.

Are we able to support the use case below without extensive customisation?

"The way I see our solution working with Sharepoint is that Sharepoint will act as the content management engine and therefore it will display to the user a list of forms they can start (using a combination of Active Directory information and document tags to determine who see what forms). These forms will then be rendered using a LC process with a web service end point – I am still undecided as to whether Sharepoint or LC will gather the pre-population data. Once a form is submitted or saved, LC will upload the data to a personal Sharepoint list based on information in the document (e.g. the form might be of type “SubmitToManager” and therefore it will be routed to their manager’s “My Work Items” list on submit). Once the form is approved or auto processed into some system (again, still undecided if this is a custom Sharepoint action or a LC process…I’m leaning towards LC though given how impressed the Health guys were with the workflow engine) it will be archived as a PDF to some “Completed Forms” list."

Will the new Sharepoint Connector help in this instance?

Mark

1 Reply

Level 8

Yes the Connector will help out.  The one element that's missing that I think Marcel made mention he would be providing is the ability to kick off a SP workflow.  If they want to go the other route and use LC for workflow you should be good to go.  The connector is on the prerelease site and I can get access to a SP server if you need it