Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

Settings missing

Level 2

I was looking for the user management section, that should be in : "Home > Settings > User Management" in the adminUI but my Settings page only shows "(i) Cross-component global settings. These settings affect attributes and behaviors for all components." and nothing else. In the pdf file that comes with the virtual appliance you suggest to make or own users but I'm not able. Is this the case for all the virtual appliance? Do I have to change something?

Thanks for your help

4 Replies

Level 7

That is not something you should see on that page.  Something is not right.

Does your host satisfy the minimum memory requirement of 3 GB available RAM?  If yes, please check the JBoss server.log for any obvious error reports.

Which VMware product are you using?

Level 2

I'm using VMware ESX or ESXi (I think it's ESXi, but not 100% sure). I did the conversion throught the converter standalone as recommended.

For the memory, I was at 4 Gb but seeing how the free memory was low, I decided to put 6 Gb.

Looking at the logs I can see that the NFS and CIFS servers did not start. I got an exception during select of post (could not create connection - jdbc for mysql) for when I restarted the server. At my first start of the VM, I have the same connection error, a context initialization failure, and errors sending a context initialized event to a listener.

Georges

Level 7

Georges:

Can you contact me offline at firstname.lastname att adobe ?  Maybe a screenshare meeting via acrobat.com might help.

Thanks.

Level 2

Finally I found the solution at my problem.

I was trying to see the settings using the atanaka user while your suppose to you use the administrator user.