Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Setting Date Format

Level 2

Am using LiveCycle Designer ES ver. 8.2.1x and Acrobat Pro Extended ver. 9.1.2.

Am creating an Order form for e-mail submission (data returned as xml files).  I want to include the current date and time among the fields/data returned.  I therefore want the date field to be protected from the user/submitter.  Would prefer that it be visible, but it's not essential.

Call me a moron, but for some reason I cannot get my date fields to format correctly, whether I (1) drag/drop a "date/time" field/control onto the form from the Standard object library and set its value to date() or time(), or (2) a "current date" field/control from the Custom object library.  In either event, both controls seem unaffected by whatever format I set in Object | Field | Patterns.

If I set either field to Object | Value | Runtime Property | Current Date/Time, it will only display in "yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss format," regardless of what format I apply.

The options appear available to format these fields/controls, but whatever it takes to get this done seems WAY too counter-intuitive or difficult.  What am I missing?

6 Replies

Former Community Member

To set a Pattern make sure that you click on the Display tab under patterns (this will affect how the field is seen on screen). By default it comes up in the Validation Pattern. This is not what you want.

If you are using the "Current Date" Control in the Custom palette, the format is being controlled through the script on the Layout Ready event.

Hope that helps

Paul

Level 2

Paul, that is where I'm setting it (under Object | Field | Patterns), to no avail.  No matter what Display or Data format I apply, it always comes out the same.

I have tried every permutation/combination of settings, etc., and cannot apply any format whatsoever to any date field so far.  Now, I am a newbie at LiveCycle perhaps, but I'm no dummy.  This should be a LOT simpler than it apparently is.

Former Community Member

The issue is that there is script on the layout ready event that is overriding anything that you do. Change it in the script.

Paul

Level 2

Thanks, Paul.  Sweet.  Didn't even know that script was there...  You rock.

Bryan