Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Setting Acrobat/Reader page scaling to "Fit to printable area" as a default.

Level 6

I know there is a way in LC Designer Form Properties>PDF Print Options to set the page scaling to "none," but is there a way to set the Acrobat/Reader option to "fit to printable area" as a default, perhaps through a script of some sort? This will aid in making sure everything on my form is printed each time. Otherwise, I'm certain some users will overlook this option and will print the doc even if it clips certain areas.

The only other option I have is to make sure the form design content fits within the "typical" print margins (i.e. 1/2" all around) and then set the form prosperities to none. There's no guarantee this option will always work as page clipping could still occur due to various printer conditions (ie. allowable print areas).

Thanks in advance.

SI

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

In the past, I have overriden the Print dialog with my own dialog..

I've called the print function with param5 = true

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/designerHelp/index.htm?content=001383.html

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

In the past, I have overriden the Print dialog with my own dialog..

I've called the print function with param5 = true

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/designerHelp/index.htm?content=001383.html

Level 6

Tim,

That did it! Thanks so much. I love simple solutions!!!

SI

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----