Expand my Community achievements bar.

.setInstances(1) only updates first of master pages

Former Community Member

Here is the scenario

A form with about 16 sections all with radio button options and sub options that allow someone to pick the output they desire

On the right side I have a section reserved on the master page to dynamically upate and show what options they have picked and the cost associated.

I initially used several hidden buttons to make the section move by manipulating foo.y but the movement was to jerky

Instead I chose to use a master page

here is a code example in formcalc for one of the radio button groups on the change event

if ( $.rawValue == 1)

then

pg1.chk2.rawValue = (1)     ///this sets the groups parent check box to active (the checbox when unset clears the radio button group)

xfa.resolveNode("#pageSet.Page1.bz.mvr4.uper.flw._joe").setInstances(1)

xfa.resolveNode("#pageSet.Page1.bz.mvr5.uper.flw._joe").setInstances(0)

xfa.resolveNode("#pageSet.Page1.bz.mvr6.uper.flw._joe").setInstances(0)

elseif ( $.rawValue == 2 )

then

pg1.chk2.rawValue = (1)

xfa.resolveNode("#pageSet.Page1.bz.mvr4.uper.flw._joe").setInstances(0)

xfa.resolveNode("#pageSet.Page1.bz.mvr5.uper.flw._joe").setInstances(1)

elseif ( $.rawValue == 3 )

then

pg1.chek2.rawValue = (1)

xfa.resolveNode("#pageSet.Page1.bz.mvr6.uper.flw._joe").setInstances(1)

else

pg1.chk2.rawValue = (0)

endif

the _joe refered to is a textfield on the masterpage

on form1 under docReady

I set all teh instances initially to 0

xfa.resolveNode("#pageSet.Page1.bz.mvr.uper.flw._joe").setInstances(0)

xfa.resolveNode("#pageSet.Page1.bz.mvr2.uper.flw._joe").setInstances(0)

xfa.resolveNode("#pageSet.Page1.bz.mvr3.uper.flw._joe").setInstances(0)

etc.........

when I fire the document

on the first page the master page updates dynamically like I expect but all other instances of the master page do not

here is a further breakdown in case it helps

bz     flowed     top to bottom

mvr     flowed     top to bottom

uper     flowed     top to bottom

flw     flowed      top to bottom

joe     flowed     top to bottom        cheked repeat subform for each data item          checked max 9      min count uncheked     initial count unchecked

the reasoning for this layout instead of hidden items is so that they group properly instead of with huge spaces between

Again this seems to work for one instance of bz but none of the others

I know that the bz is repeating becuase there is a single text field (used as header ) directly under its heiarchy

If I move it under mvr or any of the other subforms it fails to replicate

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

1 Reply

Former Community Member

Nevermind figured it out

changed the code to

form1.#pageSet.Page1[*].bz[*].mvr[*].uper[*].flw[*]._joe[*].setInstances(1)

form1.#pageSet.Page1[*].bz[*].mvr2[*].uper[*].flw[*]._joe[*].setInstances(0)

form1.#pageSet.Page1[*].bz[*].mvr3[*].uper[*].flw[*]._joe[*].setInstances(0)

and poof it works

sutpid of me thanks for taking the time to look and posibly consider an answer