Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Sentence Case?

Former Community Member

I have a field for comments.  The users enter paragraphs about thier experiences.  I have several users who always type in all caps and it becomes very difficult to read.  Is there a script to convert uppercase to sentence case?  I'm not even sure if sentence case is the correct terminology.

10 Replies

Former Community Member

This works for one sentence. But once the next sentence begins how do I script it to recognize a new sentence begins?

Level 8

Try this:

this.rawValue = this.rawValue.replace(/(^|\.\s*)([a-z])/g, function (_, first, initial) {return first+initial.toUpperCase();});

Kyle

Former Community Member

Thank you but that didn’t work.

I am trying to convert sentences that were typed in all caps to sentence case.

Level 8

Oh ya. Put this first then:

this.rawValue=this.rawValue.toLowerCase();

Kyle

Former Community Member

Thanks, that works great. But one other thing. There are words now that become lower case, such as names that need to be capitalized.

Is there a way for me to be able to edit the words?

Level 8

The only way to automate the task is to have a source of proper names you can reference. Besides that is to manually edit the names yourself.

Kyle

Former Community Member

Thank you for your reply.

It would not let me manually edit the names after the script changed it to lower case.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Level 8

You could try putting in a condition that only runs the code when you hold down the Ctrl key:

if (xfa.event.modifier){

}

Kyle

Former Community Member

Do I put this before the code to change the font or afterward?