Expand my Community achievements bar.

Sending submission receipt for multiple e-mails?

Level 1

Hi

I have created this form that requires a user to fill out their information and submit it.

Right now, the submit button only allows me to send the email to specific e-mail address.

Is there a way to send the user (filling out the form) a receipt email that they have completed the form as well? (similar to the one used in FormCentral) The form has a section where they fill out their e-mail.. Is there a code where I can use to send them an e-mail based on their response?

Thanks!

5 Replies

Level 10

Most emails are using ";" as a separator between emails, so if your first email is already written you can add another email after the initial one...

e.g. In the exit event of the textfield that requires an email write this line:

SendEmailButton.event__click.submit.target = "mailto:initial@email.com;" + textfield.rawValue + "?subject=EmailSubject";

this should work

Level 1

Hi Magmus

Sorry but do I write the line by clicking on the submit button?

Currently I made a button (control type - regular) and under the code editor I wrote

SendEmailButton.event__click.submit.target = "mailto:initial@email.com;" + textfield.rawValue + "?subject=EmailSubject";

Do I need to create a textfield just for this button or can I use an existing textfield.

Level 10

You can use an existing textfield, you said :

Is there a way to send the user (filling out the form) a receipt email that they have completed the form as well? (similar to the one used in FormCentral) The form has a section where they fill out their e-mail.. Is there a code where I can use to send them an e-mail based on their response?

This section probably have a textfield which the user can enter his email... Once he entered his email he has to exit the textfield

So in the event__exit of that textfield write that line so it affects the sendemail button right away

Level 1

Sorry so I have successfully written that code under the email section (*exit)

So.. what do I need to do with the submit button?Do i create a new one? How do i make connection with the line above?

Level 10

Well actually this line is changing your submit button directly.

Once you click the submit button it will use the last information changed by the exit event of your textfield...

it should'nt be more than this...