Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Selecting Object to Edit

Level 4

I’m working in LiveCycle Designer ES 8.2 and I like to design my forms when the view is zoomed in at 150% or higher.  When I select an object to edit, the object moves considerably.  For instance, if I have an object that is located at X position 0.5 and Y position at 1.375 it moves to X position 0.75 and Y position 2.7848.  This drives me absolutely crazy….I have to click undo to get it back to its original position and then I am able to edit the object.  This doesn’t happen if the view is lower like 75%.  Is this a bug or is this normal behavior?

Thanks

11 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Don't have a solution, but I see that behaviour here as well. I am using LC Designer ES2 v9.0.0.2. It tends to happen here if I select an object that is partially off the screen. Not so much if I select an object that is in full view. The object tends to jump to the content are boundaries.

It only happens sometimes and I can't say that I have nailed down an action that consistently causes the object to jump.

Annoying, but I don't have a solution. Will be interested to hear.

N.

Former Community Member

I'm guessing here but ......do you have snap to grid on? This causes the object to move to point on the grid. By turning that off your object can stay where it was originally placed.

That setting is on the View/Grid & GuideLines/Snap to Grid

Paul

Level 4

Hi, It does this with the snap to grid on or off. Thanks

Former Community Member

I cannot duplicate it on my system ....can you send me the form so I can try it here? Send it to LiveCycle8@gmail.com and include instructions on how to duplicate the issue.

Paul

Level 10

I am not able to check now, but it tends to happen when I select a high object, where the mid-height anchor is off screen. Also the jump is much greater than the grid pitch. I'll try and capture later.

Niall

Level 4

This happens on any form I've created. If you add a text object and make it larger than the viewing area it should do it. If not, let me know and I will send you a sample form.

thanks

Level 4

Yes, it's when the object is larger than the viewing area is when this happens.

Thanks for your responses.

Former Community Member

Still can't duplicate ...can you send me your form?

Paul

Level 4

Is this something I have to live with or can it be fixed?

Level 10

Hi Michelle,

I think that you will have to learn to live with it, for the time being until a fix is delivered.

If I have large objects, I select that when I know the mid-height anchor point would be visible. When selecting multiple objects (Control + click), I only select a few, because again if the group mid-height anchor point is off screen, then the whole group can move erratically  as well.

Good luck,

Niall