Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Seeking automated conversion to interactive forms

Level 1

My company has hundreds of forms created in Word that we turn into PDFs. Users print them and fill in the underlined rows and check boxes by hand.

We have wanted to start creating interactive PDFs that users could fill in online. (The forms are distributed in LiveLink.) However, the form authors do not have the time to use LiveCycle to add form fields one at a time.

Is there a way in which an Adobe tool (perhaps a server version of LiveCycle) could automatically recognize the underlined rows and check box symbols and overlay or convert these to interactive fields?

Please let me know if there is a better forum for posting my questions.

Also I would like to know of any articles related to automated production of forms.

JeffG

1 Reply

Level 8

You may try bringing the original Word document into LiveCycle Designer.  Designer will try to find fields when it converts the Word document into an XDP template.

Its not perfect, and it will require your forms team to touch up the conversion, but it may make things a bit easier.