Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Searching task from API by process instance id

Former Community Member

Hi, I am having problem retrieving tasks by process instance id throught API.

I've look at the help, http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/programLC/help/index.html,

it got sample code to retrieve tasks, it retrieve all tasks by process name, but I need to retrieve only tasks belong to a process instance id.

how can i achieve this? any help is appreciated, thanks.

hkho

5 Replies

Level 10

The following code may retrieve the tasks for a specific process instance.

ServiceClientFactory myFactory = ServiceClientFactory.createInstance(connectionProps);

TaskManagerQueryService queryManager = TaskManagerClientFactory.getQueryManager(myFactory);

TaskSearchFilter filter = new TaskSearchFilter();

filter.setServiceName("MortgageLoan - Prebuilt");

filter.addCondition("procVar.id", Operator.EQUALS, new Long(556677)); // where 556677 is your process Instance Id

filter.setAdminIgnoreAllAcls(true);

List result = queryManager.taskSearch(filter);

Note:

-> I dint test this code;

-> You may have to make some corrections if its not working

-> The code is based on Java API (Not Web Service)

Nith

Former Community Member

Thanks for the reply, I've tried the code and it throws an exception

"com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.client.query.TaskQueryServiceException: Process Variable is not searchable. VariableName=id"

I tried to add a new variable processId to the workflow and set the processId=id in the flow, then i filter by the processId and it works. But its a weird to duplicate the same same information in the process. Thanks.

Level 10

Alternate option:

Do not add condition; rather just loop through the returned result and compare task task with its process id.

List result = queryManager.taskSearch(filter);

long myProcessId = 556677;

for(int i=0;i<result.size();i++)

{

TaskRow myTask = (TaskRow)result.get(i);

if(myTask.getProcessInstanceId()==myPorcessId)

{

// I found the tasks of myProcessId

}

}

Nith

Former Community Member

Hi Nitin,

My question is what is the difference between process and process instance? Can you please explain with an example? When I say process instance that means each process instance is unique because its initiator is different? or is there any other condition to differentiate between the processes?

Thanks!

Level 10

You design a workflow to automate a Leave Request for your organization. This worflow is a process.

This process has no effect unless someone start a Leave Request. In otherwords just invoking the process and get the results out of it.

Once a process is invoked, an instance (similar to how an object created for a class) will be created and executed within its own context.

Each time when a user or another process invokes a process, a new process instance will be created.

Each process instance is unique irrespective of the requester; i.e. If you request Leave for three time, it will create three unique process instances.

Nith