Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Search in LiveCycle

Level 2

I'm trying to find information on search within LiveCycle Workspace and wonder if anyone can help. I want users to be able to search through the data for particular items.

Imagine a workflow process which captures mortage applications (one of the standard sample apps), including first name, last name, amount etc. Now, for whatever reason, the process hasn't finished yet. The person who the mortgage is for phones up to ask the status of their application. I'd like the workspace user to be able to search on the person's name, for example. They could then see the status of the application. I can't seem to see user-level functionality like this.

I've seen two other pieces of functionality that are similar but I'll say why I don't think they're right (I could well be wrong):

1) Search Templates - they are basically views onto the existing data, and don't let the user search for a specific view. As far as I can see, I can't set-up a template that would let the end-user input the search-template criteria at run-time; everything needs to be pre-configured. Again, I may have missed something here.

2) Admin UI - has various pieces of search functionality, but we absolutely wouldn't want end-users having access to the admin UI

I'm not 100% sure I'm being clear here, but proper end-user level search is what I'm looking for. Does anyone have useful information or suggestions?

Thanks.

4 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi Gary,

There is a product from Avoka which does exactly what you are looking for. I would suggest you have a look at this http://www.avoka.com/avoka/enquirytool.shtml

regards,

Parth Pandya

http://blog.pandyaparth.com

Former Community Member

You could always log this information within the process to your own custom database table(s).  And then write a utility to do you searches on that.

Former Community Member

Hi Viking,

I'd like to learn more about what you suggested. Could you please explain more about how to have it done.

Thanks,

HDao

Former Community Member

On the back side of each task completion, extract the "search" information, like name, principal, status,etc from the form xml, save it in a database using the JDBC service.  Then search on that to provide "status" information to the user.