Expand my Community achievements bar.

Scroll to a row in repeating subform

Level 2

Hi All,

First of all let me thank you guys that I learned a lot and solved many issues just by looking at the solutions people/adobe experts provided.

This one also I looked a lot but could not find an answer.

My question is that if I have a repeating subform and let's say it has 100 rows, then if i find a column value in 50th row how do I scroll to that row.

This is like search functionality where I can find the value in a particular row but don't know how to set focus to that row and scroll to it.

Added bonus would be if someone can suggest how can I color this row so that it is clearly visible to user that will be great

Thanks

Manoj

2 Replies

Former Community Member

Manoj,

Designer doesn't really support scrolling to a row. However, as you suggested you can set focus to a column in a row and colour the fill or border.

To set focus to a table called 'items', a column called 'c2' in row 3 of a body row called 'row' you can

xfa.host.setFocus("form.page1.subform1.items.row[2].c2");

I'll come back for the bonus round later.

Steve

Level 2

Hi Steve,

Thanks for taking time to respond. One thing I forgot to mention was that the repeating subform is now Repeater Grid in Form guide.

So the setfoucus call does not work when in form guide. I have noticed that things get harder when the form is in Form guide, lot less control

When Form is in PDF it is really easy to do any thing, javascripts rocks there.

So can you still think of a solution to scroll to row in repeater grid, I know the row but don't know how to get to that row. Any other frameworkl ot would be eaasy but I have put so much time and i still don't have a solution.

Any help as always would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Manoj