Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Script does not work after download

Level 2

Hi,

I have build a form in SAP enviornment using Adobe Life Cycle designer, while designing I have been using XML datasource and wrote scripts for different events on the elements of the form, the script works perfectly fine while designing, but fails when downloaded through an application. I downloaded form and to check if the scripts are still there or not, the script was present, but would not simply execute, for ex. while on clicking of button, certain fields on the form are to be hidden, but this would not work.

ex.

this.parent.parent.StaticText39.presence

= "hidden";

this.parent.parent.STELL_STEXT.presence

= "hidden";

The above scripts work perfect durong designing the form, but would not work after form is downloaded through an applciation. Could any one have answer to wierd behaviour?

Regards,

Shishir.P

3 Replies

Former Community Member

Was the form saved as a dynamic XML form?

While the default preview in LiveCycle Designer may be set to dynamic XML form, thus providing the dynamic behaviour you are seeking, if the form is not saved as a dynamic XML form Adobe Reader and Acrobat will not respect the changes to the presence property at run-time.

Steve

Level 2

Steve,

How can I check the same? I open the form in the Adobe Writer and the preview is set to Dynamic XML in the form properties, while saving how can i ensure that it is dynamic?

Regards,

Shishir.P

Level 2

Steve,

I got it ..... thanks ...

Regards,

Shishir.P