Expand my Community achievements bar.

Screen Sharing Not Working (All Black)

Level 2

Hi All,

Using LCCS, and since the latest Flash Player Update Screen Sharing has not been working.

Regardless if I share Desktop or specific Applications the Attendee only sees a black screen. (See Pic Attached)

Any ideas why this might be happening?

I am not sure if this is related to the latest Flash update, but I noticed the problem right after I installed.

Thanks for any help.

Dan

Screen shot 2010-11-16 at 11.19.33 AM.png

4 Replies

Former Community Member

Is it after any player update or after updating the SDK that we released on 4th November. We have got some reports of screen sharing issues and we are working towards it but I would like know specifically about our update or player update in your case

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Former Community Member

Hi Dan,

Are you getting an RTE by any chance? Perhaps you aren't running in the

debug player (since you upgraded the player), so you can't catch it?

One thing I found worked was to update to the latest 1.3.0 SWC. I caught an

RTE with the older swc which went away once I updated. Just run the SDK

Navigator app and it should fetch the new one, if it's available.

nigel

Level 2

Hi Guys,

Thanks for getting back to me.
Hironmay
I noticed the problem once I updated to Adobe Flash Player version 10.1.102.64 Universal Binary for Macs | 7.60

I am not sure what my development team in India has done and if they upgraded to the 1.3 SDK. I will check with them, and make sure that they do and see if that fixes the problem

I am not sure if I am getting a RTE, no messages or errors are popping up it is just staying a black screen.

I will pass along the suggestions you made to my development team in India, and hopefully it helps.

I will keep you updated.

Quick question, I was looking for the notification of the latest update on the collabritive methods blog and I did not see anything there.. is there another place I should be looking for the latest news about LCCS ?

As always thanks for the help.

Best,

Dan

Former Community Member

Hi Dan,

We sometimes don't have a blog announce though I believe we should be regular on it. If you open the LCCS SDK AIR application, it automatically detects whether a update is there or not and will inform you about the same and ask you if you want to update.

Regarding ScreenShare, we are planning an update on around 10th December which will some critical fix. I will also verify with the version you mentioned on Mac before release.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu