Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Scan marks outside form's content area?

Former Community Member

We have a number of forms that require four scan marks on the first page only, located outside the form's content area. Expanding the content area isn't an option as that would break duplex pagination. Another approach would be to have the marks on the master page, adding a script to hide them if pageNum != the first page. However that would only work for dynamic forms.

I'm wondering if I have a third option in adding four tiny content areas, one for each scan mark, and adding the scan marks only on the first page. In that case, I need to somehow exclude these content areas from flowing and pagination, as they are to behave as static placeholders.

Any insights?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Why not have one Master page for page1, with the scan marks. Then a second Master page for all subsequent pages.

There are a couple of options. You can restrict the first Master page to a maximum occurrence in the Master Page tab. Alternatively you can set the pagination of the design pages to use the relevant Master page, eg:

page1 placed on Master Page 1 (see Object > Pagination tab, when you have page1 selected)

page2 placed on Master Page 2

All subsequent pages set to Follow Previous.

Hope that helps,

Niall

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Why not have one Master page for page1, with the scan marks. Then a second Master page for all subsequent pages.

There are a couple of options. You can restrict the first Master page to a maximum occurrence in the Master Page tab. Alternatively you can set the pagination of the design pages to use the relevant Master page, eg:

page1 placed on Master Page 1 (see Object > Pagination tab, when you have page1 selected)

page2 placed on Master Page 2

All subsequent pages set to Follow Previous.

Hope that helps,

Niall