Expand my Community achievements bar.

Saving/submitting form that has hidden pages

Level 4

The form has 3 pages. The first is initially visible and the others are hidden but can be accessed by navigation buttons.

The problem:

When the user saves data in Reader on Pages 2 or 3 and closes the form, when they re-open it, all pages are hidden.  This is of course because they didn't save it on page 1 (which is the only visible page upon initialization). 

I do have a (clunky) solution to the problem, but am curious if there is a more efficient way of doing this.  I can have a Mouseup event that forces them to Page 1 and saves, and the returns them to their current page in an exit event.  I just have a feeling that I'm over-engineering this.  Besides, the script only works if the user uses the "Save form" Ok button.  What if they save using the functionality of Reader?

There is a similar issue about submitting the form.  I don't want to receive a completely hidden form.  Again, the solution above can be engineered into the Submit button.

How do you get around this issue? Scripting like I referred to above, or just showing the entire form after the person enters their digital signature?

1 Reply

Level 4

Is it possible to link the Reader "Save" or "Print" function to the javascript linked to the "Save" and "Print" OK buttons on the form itself?