Expand my Community achievements bar.

saving pdf forms

Level 1

hi,

i am using adobe livecycle designer tool.

where i have functionality like when i click on submit button i want to save the pdf file with same pdf file which is opened. i know i can save the file with email submit button but i dont want to send email but i want to this pdf in target folder.

i have java script code like xfa.host.exportdata("",false) by which save as dialog box is opened, but i want to save pdf with asking the user where to store automatically in target loction.

3 Replies

Former Community Member

You cannot save without user intervention. You will have to bring up the file dialog to have your user select.

Paul

Level 1

Paul can you please explain further on what you mean by user intervention.

Where exactly do I go to make that change.

I am very new to AL-D and I having problems with Mac users that can not save the form.

Take care,

CB

Former Community Member

You can force the Save As dialog to come up but you cannot choose or suggest a filename for the user. The user must choose a file or create

a new file name.

If you are trying to save the PDF and your users are using Reader then you will have to Reader Extend the form to allow that functionality as Reader does not allow that by default. If you are only saving the data then I believe that it is OK.

Make sure that the Mac users are using Adobe Reader and not Apple's Preview software .....Preview does not support XFA forms very well.

Paul